Council on Aging
The mission of the Southbridge Council on Aging Board of Directors is to link needs with services and to promote wellness programs that educate and empower senior citizens to maintain their quality of life. An additional mission is to raise community consciousness concerning the services, programs, and activities that are offered at the Casaubon Senior Center, located at 153 Chestnut Street, Southbridge, MA.
Services Coordinated by the Council on Aging and Senior Center:
- Social Events and Classes
- Senior Pickleball 60+ Monday - Friday 9am-11am https://playtimescheduler.com/login.php Registration is mandatory.
- Exercise program w/Jenn Reynolds Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9am-10am
- Chair Yoga w/Charice Kalis Tuesday, December 5th & 19th - 10am-11am
- Knitting held Fridays at 10am
- Brain Games held Wednesday from 10am
- Scrabble held Wednesday from 1pm to 3pm
- Senior Bingo held Friday from 12:00 to 2:30pm (Card Sales start at 11:30am)
- Latino program held Tuesday and Thursday mornings, from 9 to Noon.
- Cribbage Mondays 1:00pm
- Pitch Tuesdays 1:00pm
- Special Events
- Movie Matinee Thursday, December 7th at 1:00PM Snacks will be served "Noelle" “Kris Kringle's daughter is full of Christmas spirit but wishes she could do something important like her brother Nick, who will take over for their father this Christmas. When Nick is about to crumble like a gingerbread cookie from all the pressure, Noelle suggests he take a break and get away...but when he doesn't return, Noelle must find her brother and bring him back in time to save Christmas.”
- Coffee & Conversation Presented by Southbridge Credit Union Monday, December 4th 10:00am w/ Green Meadows
- COA Board Meeting Tuesday, December 5th 2:00PM
- Tuesday, December 12th Sheriff's Office "Not Just a Jail: How the Sheriff's Department Serves You" 1:00PM
- Arts & Crafts Thursday, December 14th 1:00pm Bemis Farms - Christmas Centerpiece Surprise. $10 spots are limited, and MUST be reserved by Monday, December 4th.
- Senior Christmas Party Thursday, December 21st 12:00pm meal made by Elm Center Cafe, Musical Tunes by DJ Garry Peck. $5 registration Mandatory
- $10 Senior Hair Cuts with Brittany Cox Tuesday, December
- Please take a close look at the calendar as there are minimal activities taking place during Christmas week.
- ALL PROGRAMS ARE FREE UNLESS A FEE IS POSTED.
- EVERYONE IS WELCOME AGE 60+
Save the Date
- Monday, January 8th Coffee and Conversation 10:00am w/AARP Downsizing & Decluttering.
- Annual flu shots
- Assistance for Seniors with Medicare, Medicaid, and open enrollment Insurance issues
- SHINE services, including help with all health insurance questions, prescription drug plans, Social Security, Medicare and Mass Health
- COMING SOON